Aztec Bonanza slot by Pragmatic Play! Hit the big wins in Aztec Bonanza, the 5×6, variable ways to win video slot. Tumble up to mystery symbols, replacing symbols and giant reels. Hit the free spins round with random features at every spin to take advantage of 7,776 ways to win!
The Aztec people loved games and all sorts of entertainment. One of the most popular game the Aztecs used to play was Patolli. Patolli was a type of board game played by the common people as well as the nobles. Betting was essential to this game. Players would bet precious metals and stones or plants on the outcome of the game.
Apparently, the Aztecs went further and created a video slot game for those who prefer the digital environment. This is how Aztec Bonanza was born. The Aztec people heard you love slot games, so they decided to ask for your opinion.
The Aztec Gods in the Aztec Bonanza slot are kind, and they care about this game’s players, so they set the potential of winning up to 19,440x your bet and created 7,776 ways to win.
How to Play
Aztec Bonanza has an unusual setup, with symbols arranged in shape of a diamond. There are 5 reels, nothing special here, but the rows have a 2-4-6-4-2 pattern. The corners of the grid are covered with stones. You can remove them by hitting winning combinations, thus revealing the whole 5×6 grid.
This video slot game has up to 7,776 ways to win and can award you 19,440 times your bet. The Aztec Gods are big-hearted people, they care about their players.
The Aztec people put a lot of effort into creating the most curious looking symbols:
- Round, Green Gem – Pays 2.5x your stake if you land 5 on a payline
- Oval, Blue Gem – Pays 1x your stake if you land 5 on a payline
- Moon-shaped, Green Gem – Pays 1x your stake if you land 5 on a payline
- Square, Brown Gem – Pays 0.5x your stake if you land 5 on a payline
- Triangle-shaped, Green Gem – Pays 0.5x your stake if you land 5 on a payline
- Spade-shaped, Purple Gem – Pays 0.33x your stake if you land 5 on a payline
- Heart-shaped, Pink Gem – Pays 0.33x your stake if you land 5 on a payline
- Club-shaped, Yellow Gem – Pays 0.33x your stake if you land 5 on a payline
A golden, Aztec Totem, with purple gems and a funky hairstyle, is the Mystery Symbol. It appears on the reels when the top left corner unlocks, and it can hit the reels randomly during the Free Spins Round. All Mystery Symbols on the screen transform into the same paying symbols – that’s its superpower.
How to Win
The Aztec people built three exquisite features that will do everything in their power to bring you that treasure worth 19,440x your stake.
The Tumble Feature
This feature means that after every spin all winning combinations are paid out and the winning symbols disappear. The symbols that remain on the reels fall to the bottom of the screen, leaving empty spaces behind them. The blanks are replaced with new symbols coming from the top of the reels.
The tumbling continues until no more winning combinations hit the screen or until the Free Spins Feature is triggered.
The Symbol Unlocking Feature
You’ll notice that in the base game, all 4 corners of the reels are covered with stones. Every two tumbles unlocks one of the corners and triggers a specific Modifier. The game also adds more symbols to the grid and the number of possible ways to win increases. There are 4 potential Modifiers, depending on what corner you unlock:
- Top left corner – adds Mystery Symbols on the reels, which transform into matching pay symbols;
- Top right corner – 1, 2 or 3 lower value symbols are replaced with 1, 2 or 3 high-value symbols;
- Bottom left corner – all symbols on reels 1 and 2 are replaced by huge, 2×2 symbols;
- Bottom right corner – all symbols on reels 4 and 5 are replaced by huge, 2×2 symbols.
The Free Spins Feature
The only way to trigger this round is by unlocking all 4 corners of the reels. The Free Spins Feature is played on a full 5×6 grid, with 7,776 ways to win. The Aztec people that created the game were pretty inventive, right?
You are awarded 5 Free Spins. At every free spin, one of the following features is randomly triggered:
- The Mystery Symbols Feature – a bunch of Mystery Symbols hit the screen and turn into the same paying symbol;
- The Symbol Transform Feature – up to 3 low paying symbols on the screen transform into high paying ones;
- The Giant Symbols Feature – expanded 2×2 symbols land on reels 1, 2, 4 and 5.
The first screen shows you a magnificent, stone temple, with 100 steps, and a small, quiet pond on the left side. Here you can also see a stone that displays the current numbers of ways to win. On the right side you can see a totem pole that lights up when you smash the stones that cover one of the corners. It’s not the worse place to live in, if you ask us.
A tribal, yet peaceful music sets the mood of the whole Aztec landscape. You can hear loud crashes and rumbles that tiles make when landing or disappearing.
Aztec Bonanza is a videoslot that offers you the possibility to win up to 19,440 times the stake. Be nice to the Aztec people and play their game with an open mind. That’s the only way the Aztec Gods will be on your side and award you with huge winnings.